Hawk Valley Retreat and Cottages
We look forward to welcoming you to our 10 acres of a paradise, Hawk Valley Retreat and Cottages, in Galena Illinois. Please explore our lodging, read our policies below, and begin your journey by booking today.
Rates & Length of Stay
- A 2-night minimum stay is required for all weekend reservations (Fri & Sat) and all cottage bookings.
- Rates are based on single or double occupancy.
- Guests must be over the age of 21 to make a reservation.
- Due to occupancy regulations, only 2 guests are allowed per room. No children under the age of 18 are allowed.
- Promotional pricing on reservations, when applicable, is only available on bookings made directly on our reservation system.
- All rates and packages are subject to applicable state and local taxes.
- One night’s lodging and taxes is due as a deposit at time of booking direct. Payment in full is required for any reservation made through a third party (OTA).
- Check-in time is 3:00p.m. – 7:00p.m., or by prior arrangement. Please call us at 815-777-4100 if you will arrive after 7:00p.m. so we can make arrangements for your arrival.
- Request for early check-in prior to 3:00pm will result in an additional day charge for room.
- Check-out time is 11:00a.m.
Methods of Payment
- Cash, Debit Cards, Visa, Discover, MasterCard, and Hawk Valley Retreat Gift Certificates* are acceptable forms of payment.
- Sorry, personal checks are not accepted.
- Effective 10/01/2017, Bed and Breakfast.com Gift Certificates are no longer accepted for payment.
- *Hawk Valley Retreat Gift Certificates may be used as full payment for all regular stay charges, including additional packages purchased. You may not use Gift Certificates for Events or whole property rentals. Any unused gift certificate balance is re-issued as a new gift certificate. No cash is returned. We ask that gift certificates be redeemed within five years from the date of the issue.
- Hawk Valley Retreat Gift Certificates may not be used as a form of payment on 3rd Party (OTA) bookings.
Cancellations at Hawk Valley Retreat and Cottages
- If your travel plans change and you must cancel your reservation, please call us at least 14* (fourteen) days prior to your arrival date to cancel your reservation. A $25.00 cancellation/processing fee will apply to reservations canceled 14 days or more prior to the arrival date and we will return the remainder of your deposit.
- In the unlikely event that you must cancel with less than Two Weeks (14)* days notice, shorten your stay or check out early, please understand that we must ask you to take responsibility for your entire reservation. If we can rebook your room(s), a full or partial refund will be made. A rebooking/administration fee of $25.00 is applicable for any reservation that needs to be altered for any reason. If you have questions or need assistance with these policies, please contact the innkeeper at 815-777-4100 as soon as possible.
- When a reservation is made through a 3rd party booking engine (Expedia, Hotels.com, etc.) any cancellation or change in a reservation must be made through that booking engine (Online Travel Agent, OTA). We do not have the ability to change or alter those reservations.
- No Shows will be charged the entire booking fee
- *A minimum 30-day cancellation notice is required on any group reservation of at least 3 rooms, whole house bookings, and for some holidays and special events. If less than 30 days notice is given, full room fees and taxes apply.
- No refunds for early departure.
- If you have questions or need assistance with these policies, please contact the innkeeper at 815-777-4100 as soon as possible.
- Our Hillside Cottage is Dog-Friendly with an additional fee and a signed waiter. The Hillside cottage petwaiver is available on the Lodging Page, under cottages, under Hillside Cottage.
- Besides Hillside Cottage, no pets or emotional support animals, please. Service animals for the physically handicapped are welcome.
- The animal must wear their vest identification when in public showing they are working.
- The animal may not be left unattended for any period of time.
- The animal must be leashed when in public for the safety and security of all.
- The animal may not lay or sleep on the furniture.
- The owner must pick up all the waste of animals.
- *Please note that according to the law we may ask if the animal is required because of a disability and what work or task the animal has been trained to perform. The Americans with Disabilities Act cited that emotional support dogs or animals do not have the training to do the specific tasks assisting a person with a disability or impairment, unlike service animals.
- Insurance regulations prohibit the use of open flames in any of the cottages or rooms. Open flames include the use of propane or butane portable cooktops and/or candles. Battery-operated candles are welcomed.
- As a courtesy to all, smoking and vaping of any substance is limited to outside only. A $250.00 surcharge will apply for smoking indoors. Smoking indoors is prohibited per Jo Daviess County ordinance (Ord. 4-7-2008).
- Unusual or excessive damage to property, including linens and towels will result in a charge equal to the replacement or repair cost.
- Access to rooms, cottages, and public areas is limited to registered guests only. No additional visitors are allowed.
- Rates/policies are subject to change and vary during high impact periods and special requests.